Sunday 13 January 2013

Thoughts for my sister


In the small dark hours of Friday morning my sister Emily was rushed to hospital with severe pneumonia. She's been in the ICU, sedated on a ventilator for three days now and it's only just beginning to sink in. Here are my thoughts for her now:

::: Relief - that she, my big sister, my only sister is still here with us
::: Fear - that she is still so ill and that the unnameable may still happen
::: Sorrow - for her little girl who does not really know what is happening
::: Awe - at the wonders of modern medicine
::: Strength - as my family gathers together
And most of all Love, an overwhelming, deep feeling in my heart that makes me feel light and prickles my eyes.

I know she is in the best place possible. I know she will recover over time. I know life will return to normal eventually. But for now, my thoughts are always with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment