Saturday 13 April 2013

Spring?




This is the sort of sight that greeted many of us throughout most of March. Spring indeed. And although April did banish the snow, from here at least (though I love that there are still drifts of hard, untouched, crunchy stuff along most of the hedgerows and dry stone walls around here) it was still unseasonably chilly.

Today though, I left the house without hat, coat or gloves and felt comfortable for the first time this year. Perhaps spring is here at last.

While I finish off a few projects in progress I will share with you a little crafting with friends (well, a friend) session that occupied the Easter weekend. My dear friend Carrie, whom I know from my time at university took me to the most amazing fabric and crafting shop in Stoke (they also deal online but I doubt you'll be able to get the amazingly cheap 60p bundles of fabric - needless to say, we bought lots!) And what better way to use the fabrics we bought than by turning them into something beautiful.




Carrie wanted bright and bold to jazz up a cushion or two so embarked on her first ever foray into patchwork - I LOVE the blue flowery print and the edging especially.

 And I followed suit, finally making use of the rest of my pre-cut squares - this is now a pocket on a bag for my niece, just because.

As for my purchases from my shopping spree - I have big plans and hope to finally make a proper quilt. Watch this space.

Happy Spring everyone.
S. x

No comments:

Post a Comment