Saturday 25 August 2012

A case for my new toy

No crafting to be had today as I've been slaving away with a bunch of hot and grumpy ponies so instead I will share my efforts from yesterday.
I recently bought a new netbook (a very cut HP mini 110 that is yet to disappoint me) and considered buying a case for it as I intend to take it to work with me rather than lugging my practically-a-desktop laptop around with me (it now has a typical battery life of about 10 minutes and requires a mouse as the touchpad has gone a bit haywire).
So, I picked apart an old laptop case on which the zip had well and truly died to get the insulation stuff out of it, found some lining from an old and now defunct parachute (oh the joys of being a teacher!) and chose a rather jazzy pattern from my fat quarter stash...

...and turned it from this (albeit in much larger quantities)...


to this!




Zig-zag stitch in a slightly contrasting colour - I'm
getting neater and I'm quite pleased with the
straightness of this :)

I'm a very slow hand-sewer and get bored fairly easily so the blanket stitch around the edge is predictably uneven but who doesn't like a bit of blanket stitch?
The tape is attached inside and acts as an easy way to remove the netbook... 
...has a cleverly hidden popper to seal the case.
...and the button on the end...








Total make time about 4 hours over two days, including the unpicking/pulling apart of the old bag. I'm really pleased with this one and I hope it will serve me well.
Happy crafting! x

No comments:

Post a Comment