Friday 2 August 2013

Ireland

It's my last day house (and cat) sitting for my uncle Will and his partner Mary in their fabulous home in Southern Ireland. Whilst here I've had Ireland's usually heavy handed share of rain and wind but in the sunshine that did manage to break through there have been many opportunities to get the camera out.













Old family photos of uncles and my dear Mama, a Taverner's tin (my maternal Grandmother was a Taverner before she married. The family owned a sweet company, perhaps that's where my sweet-tooth comes from!), the lake and the old cat Tinto.

And then this morning, aiming to catch a good window in the weather I got up early and headed to the beach. The plan worked perfectly...











Sunshine, a near deserted beach, rock pools galore and time to make some stone sculptures. The perfect beginning of the end to a week away.
Happy summer time all. S x

No comments:

Post a Comment