Monday 16 September 2013

A gift and a beginning...

Just a quick post today. Firstly to say thank you to my dear mama who sent me some beautifully soft alpaca wool last week. Not sure what it's going to become yet and it's finer than my usual crochet yarn so may call for something a little different anyway. During the rain storm yesterday, whose ferocity was quite a surprise after the sunshine of the day before, the wool was wound (with only a few knots!) and now sits on my 'to-do' pile. I'll keep you posted about that one.




And the other crafting project that I began this weekend? Turning tin cans into candle holders...well, let's say it's not my favourite craft, as a hammer and nail are not my best tools, but it's quite good fun and pretty much free. With a little enamel they can scrub up fairly nicely and I have plans to make these into a mobile of sorts but we'll see.





And to finish off the weekend, yet another harvest - one of many apple gatherings (we are living on crumble at the moment and neither of us complaining) and almost the last of the blueberries.

Wishing you a lovely start to the week.
S. x

No comments:

Post a Comment