Saturday 7 September 2013

Walks

 






  
  







 



 I've taken several walks this week, in the evening after a busy day at work. I find this time of year in school to be so full and overwhelming that when I reach the peace and quiet of home I need to be in the open and walk to organise the many thoughts and ideas and events rushing around my head. And I am blessed enough to have such a beautiful place to walk just behind our house. Though we have lived here for several years now I still take pleasure in the fact that I can say the simple phrase "in the woods behind our house." Such a lovely feeling!
As I walked this week I took time to notice the slow change from summer to autumn - the shortening days, the ripening acorns and chestnuts and the ever-so gradual yellowing of the leaves, the crispness in the early morning and evening air. I plan on carrying on these walks for as long as I can, while the work load is kept on top of as much as it ever is anyway.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
S. x

No comments:

Post a Comment