Saturday 21 September 2013

Gratitude over desire



More and more lately I have found myself wanting. Wanting a house of our own, wanting a job that gives me more free time, wanting a family, wanting more of this, wanting a little of that. And I know that all of this will come in time, with a little patience (and then a little more). So today I reminded myself to be grateful for what I have now. So here we go...

Right now I am grateful for...
::: Sam, every little moment, word and touch. I do love him so.
::: friends and shared hobbies, conversations, interests.
::: crafting - fiber in hand, peddle under foot, iron heating up, you name it, I love it.
::: my camera, now nearly eight years old and still able  to capture moments so beautifully with so little effort.
::: a job, the bulk of which I love. Spending my days in the company of many young and creative minds is such an inspiration.
::: family, although not seen very often, always in my heart and mind and always there when needed.
::: woods and walks, animals wild and tame, the natural world in general - so essential to me now I think I could never live in a city or town again. I feel I always need to be able to see the sky.


Hoping you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
S. x

No comments:

Post a Comment